Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Medialink - Wireless N USB Adapter - 802.11n - 150Mbps - 2.4ghz - Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP 32-Bit and 64-Bit / Vista 32-Bit and 64-Bit / Windows 7 32-Bit and 64-Bit Compatible

Medialink - Wireless N USB Adapter - 802.11n 150Mbps* Compatible with any Brand 802.11g or 802.11n Router Using 2.4ghz Wavelength * Microsoft WHQL Certified * Supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 Security * Live US Based Customer Service Offering the ultimate in simplified Wi-Fi installation, Medialink's 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter offers a simplified one click installation. Insert the CD, click "install software" and the utility will auto-detect your operating system and install the appropriate drivers. (Windows 7 Users, just plug and play! No CD required.)Compatibility- Any PC or Laptop with a USB port, 733MHz CPU, and 64MB Memory- Any brand 802.11g or 802.11n router using 2.4ghz wavelength- Windows 2000, 2003, XP 32-Bit/64-Bit, Vista 32-Bit/64-Bit, Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit- NOT COMPATIBLE with Xbox 360, PS3, Blu-Ray Players, Roku Boxes, or any device that does not run an Operating System. Also will not work with Dual Band Routers that only broadcast N speeds on 5ghz wavelength. Microsoft WHQL CertifiedUnlike many Wi-Fi adapters, Medialink adapters are Microsoft WHQL certified to ensure compatibility with the major operating systems listed above.SecurityThis adapter provides state of the art standards-based security features: WPA/WPA2, IEEE802.1X, 64/128-bit WEP. With these enhanced security features, you can encrypt your data and only allow authorized users to access your wireless network.Customer ServiceMedialink products are backed by superior customer support. If you need assistance you can call us Tuesday - Saturday 9am to 6pm Eastern or email us after hours. Please have the security type and password ready if you need help troubleshooting your connection.

Color: Black Brand: Medialink Model: MWN-USB150N Dimensions: .50 pounds Compatible With Any Brand 802.11g or 802.11n Router Using 2.4ghz Wavelength Simplified One Click Wi-Fi Installation Microsoft WHQL Certified Docking Station Included with Attached 3ft USB Extension Cable for Desktop Convenience Supports the Following Security Protocols: WPA/WPA2, 64/128/152-bit WEP.

Most helpful customer reviews 221 of 226 people found the following review helpful. Large companies with a good-value product RSV I own a computer with Windows Vista (64 bit) and was not successfully installing wireless adapters from two reputable companies. By now I was ready to cut open walls and Ethernet cable to my computer. I mentioned the problem to my computer geek cousin and he told me to a media-band wireless adapter that supports Windows Vista 32 and 64 purchase. So I googled the wireless adapter and found that Amazon carried it. So I went to Amazon.com and there it was in the media link adapter product is compatible with Vista 32 and 64. At $ 29.99 ($ ​​10.00 cheaper than the previous two adapters), I thought it worth the risk. I did two days later and went to Medialink Wireless G USB adapter and reinstalling without success. In this mode, I'm ready to punch the wall in frustration. He finally decided to contact to express my dissatisfaction MediaBridge The phone was picked up after one ring and a customer service person I am redirected to technical assistance. Technical support collected after one ring and I'm thinking to myself, this is amazing, there is no machine that tells me what buttons to push. After running several tests on my computer with technical support, it was not wireless. The technical support person, who was professional and experienced, we recommend trying your Wireless-N USB Adapter. MediaBridge said he will send it immediately at no cost. I received the Wireless N adapter the next day (again, amazing). I installed it and within five minutes I was wireless. The installation was very easy. I am in Internet time several times a day and have not had any problems at all. Sometimes I forget that I'm wireless. The price is MediaBridge charge for their wireless adapters, this is a robbery. MediaBridge Congratulations to back their products and reduce blood pressure. I recommend this product to anyone who wants a wireless adapter quality at a great price 61 out of 62 people found the following review helpful. Compatible with the WD TV Live By Alan Novitskiy this adapter I bought with high hopes that the magic would work with my WD TV Live, although I know that was an unrealistic expectation, because the dongle comes with its own drivers. At best I was expecting to have some firmware run on the WD TV home to get this to work. Lo and behold, I called and was detected within seconds. In less than one minute, the box was connected to my network and I was streaming YouTube video to my room upstairs. I was absolutely amazed. This dongle is still not in the list of supported device WD Live TV, and I found no previous posts or reviews to confirm this compatibility. Hope this helps people looking for this same reason that I was. 63 of 69 people found the following review helpful. A rare find - a multi-OS Wireless Adapter N! Lionel recently added Mac OS X on my Dell Mini 9 Windows. I replaced the Wi-Fi card in the Mini with an Intel 5300 which is great, but there is no support for Mac OS. So I was looking for a USB adapter that sustained economic OS X and Windows - if wireless N as it would be a bonus. A few weeks ago when I started this research, I came up empty-handed, but this time I found the adapter Medialink, who claimed to support Windows, OS X and Linux. I decided to give it a try. When I received I was shocked to see that the packaging said support for Windows only, and the site Medialink has Windows drivers. But the record says that the drivers OS X and Linux are on the CD and of course they are. Medialink maintains that this is one of the smallest USB Adapter Wireless N and I believe them - that half the size of an adapter Actiontec I recently reviewed. I've tried before Windows 7.

0 comments:

Post a Comment